We use a system called askmyGP which is an easy and fast way to ask for any kind of help from the practice.
- Available 24/7 and we respond during working hours Monday to Friday
- We will usually get back to you within an hour (after 5pm it might be the next day)
- You can request a particular doctor or nurse (so long as they’re working, please see details here)
- You can choose to be contacted by the surgery by telephone, secure message or video call
- If we need to see you we will usually give you an appointment the same day
- You can register for askmyGP now, without any paperwork
Extended Hours – Please note that we offer late night appointments from 6.30pm-8pm for pre-booked appointments only.
If you prefer to phone, one of our receptionists will take a few details about your problem or request and then pass these to the GP. However you choose to get in touch, your GP will get contact you quickly and either sort out your problem on the phone, by secure message, or arrange to see you the same day, or another day if that’s more convenient.
Please note you can no longer book a GP appointment using our previous online appointment system.
askmyGP is available to all our patients, and you can use it to ask about your children or other people you care for (if they are registered with us).
That’s it – simple and straightforward!
We are encouraging everyone who has access to a computer, smart phone or tablet to use askmyGP:
- it saves you time
- really ill patients don’t have to wait for urgent slots at the end of surgeries
- GPs can manage their time more effectively, booking any follow-up appointments you might need and,
- it stops the 8am rush for appointments as you can contact the practice at any time, and up to 5pm get a response, and be seen if needed the same day!
Community Pharmacist Consultation Service –
We are participating in a new approach to improve access for patients to GP appointments. The aim is to direct patients to the most appropriate healthcare professional, which may be a GP or a pharmacist. I your symptoms could be resolved by a booked consultation with the pharmacist instead of the GP, you will be given a same-day referral to a pharmacy of your choice.
Once you see how great your local pharmacist is – they are highly trained and skilled clinicians experienced in treating minor illnesses – we don’t think you’ll look back. This will also help us to free up GP appointments for people with more complex health needs and ensure that everyone gets treated at the right time, by the right healthcare professional. We are keen to hear what you think of the service. If you have any comments or feedback about your experience of using this service please let us know by e-mail